- How do I become a feature artist/venue/festival/store and service? This is a paid for service. For a nominal fee you can promote yourself either for one week at a time or at a greatly reduced fee for (2) consecutive weeks of being in the “Featured”spot.
- What is the advantage to being in the featured spot ? This is an easy way to put yourself in the limelight. As soon as someone clicks on the respective category, your name, image and short bio will be there for everyone to see. Everyone checking out that respective directory will have no choice but to notice you! BAND: There are many benefits to being in this spot. As a band if you have an upcoming show that you would like to promote yourself for(ie. Cd release party), putting yourself in that spot would draw more attention to your band. Everyone that enters the artist directory is sure to see your band! STORE/VENUE: Everyone that enters your respective directory will see you first! If you have a new announcement, new products to showcase or you simply want to bring more attention to the great service you consistently provide then the “Featured Spot” is where you want to be!
- How many weeks in a row can I have the featured spot? The maximum number of consecutive weeks you can have the featured spot is (2). This spot was created to help promote our amazing Artists, Venues/Services/Festivals, etc… so we all need to share this spot in order to fairly promote our great community.
- What benefits are there to creating my own login ? This will gain you access to the amazing feature of creating your very own calendar. Everytime time you see an upcoming event that you want to go to, simply add the event to your calendar. You can have notifications sent to your email account so you never miss an event again!!!
- What do the different coloured boxes in the calendar indicate? Silver box = regular music event Red Box = festival event Purple stripe on box = series or special event
- I have a single event that I want to list. Is this something you can do? Absolutely. Please send us your contact information and we can discuss what listing type would be best for you and provide you with a price. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have a music series that has several dates over the course of a year that I would like to list. How would that work? Please contact us at email@example.com and provide us with a short description of your events and your contact information. We will contact you immediately to go over several options for listing your events and promoting your series.
- Who can list events? Artists and Venues can list events. However, we STRONGLY encourage artists to list events as our venue owners are extremely busy. Any load we can take off these people would be greatly appreciated. They are of course the ones showcasing live music in our community, so let’s help them out. Oh,…..and of course MusicFly can list and edit events!
- I’m in a band and I have an upcoming show at a local venue. Should I post the event or should I wait for the venue to list it? We STRONGLY encourage artists to list events as our venue owners are extremely busy. Any load we can take off these people would be greatly appreciated. They are of course the ones showcasing live music in our community, so let’s help them out!
- I live just outside of your listed regions but I play shows often in those areas. Can I list my band profile? Most definitely. We only offer (2) regions for the time being and we recognize that many bands play from just outside our territories. It would be beneficial for your band to have their profile on the site so when people scroll over your name they can go to your page, find out what you are about, listen to your music, watch your videos etc. This will help build your fanbase.
- I host a one day event/festival annually but it’s not until later in the year or next year. When should I list my event? Immediately!!! That way everyone scrolling through our site will see that your event is coming. You can add more or current information to your page as you get it. As soon as you have dates nailed down people can add your event to their calendars!!!
- I offer a service that I feel is beneficial to the music community. I don’t seem to fall under any of your headings. Can I list my service/product on your site? Most definitely! We tried to think of most products or services but we knew there would always be new ones popping up. Send us your contact information and a short description of what you are offering at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you within (1) business day to let you know if we approve.
- I have a gig at a venue that isn’t listed. Can you add a venue? Absolutely, just send us an email to email@example.com and let us know the name of the Venue and what region it is in and we will set it up ASAP.
The Inbreds were a Canadian alternative rock band formed in 1992. Originally from Kingston, Ontario, the band relocated to Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1996.
Did You Know?